Summer at GOALS
Have a smart summer
And a bit of fun too!
Sign up here for Summer 2019Sign-Up Here
Everyone learns differently and so we approach each student with their unique learning style in mind. Let our staff design a custom summer tutoring program just for your student….and we promise to have some summer fun along the way.
Benefits of attending GOALS this summer
- GOALS has what your student needs! Our academic and executive functioning sessions are 1:1 which means that we can efficiently and effectively address all of your students requirements.
- Because all of our sessions are 1:1, we work around your summer plans. Start/stop dates are based on your schedule, not ours.
- GOALS knows that our students need to have some summer fun and there is never a boring day in our office. Our seasoned, creative, fun-loving staff cannot wait to help your student find the joy of learning over the summer!
GOALS Summer Programs
- Project-based Executive Functioning (EF) Skills
- It is a well-researched fact that students benefit from year-round executive function practice. We will help your student practice their EF skills throughout the summer… but with a twist! We will base their EF sessions on their personal interests. Our Executive Function Coaches will design an EF program just for your student. Do you have a Boy Scout in your house? We will feature EF skills by working with them on merit badges or an Eagle Scout Project. Is your student interested in getting their first job? We will design EF sessions that teach where to look for jobs, how to fill out a job application, and interviewing skills. Do you have an athlete in your house? We will design EF sessions on how to design a training program to help them increase their skill level and a nutrition program to optimize their energy. Tell us your student’s interests and we will make learning EF skills fun!
- School Transition – Skills Boost for Middle School, High School, and College
- Is your elementary school student moving up to middle school? Is your middle school student moving up to high school? Is your high school student moving up to college? Are you feeling like their skills could use a boost before they make this transition? Our staff will design sessions that help your student with their executive functioning skills: time management, prioritization, organization, note taking, and study skills.
- Test Prep
- Let’s face it, your students are busy people. Summer can be an ideal time to study for the ACT, SAT, subject tests, or private middle school entrance exams. Our proven test prep programs ensure that your student is ready for testing day.
- FREE math and critical reading & writing assessments
- The GOALS staff will deliver a report to you that details your student’s areas of strength and areas where there are gaps in their knowledge. Our staff will then design a program to help fill those gaps in knowledge so that your student can start off next school year with confidence. We also offer a host of math and critical reading and writing workshops.
- Summer school support, online class support, fill-in gaps in knowledge
- Whether your student will be attending summer school, taking an online class, or needs to fill-in some gaps in knowledge before the next school year, our staff is ready to support your student.
- Work ahead
- Is your student taking AP or honors classes next school year? We will help them get a jump start on the curriculum and start next school year with confidence and a little less stress.
- Foreign language support
- Spanish? French? Mandarin? We got that. Practice over the summer makes perfect during the school year.
Let’s discuss your student’s smart summer
- Our school year rates apply throughout the summer.
- All summer sessions require a $250 non-refundable deposit in order to receive our summer discounts
- Sign-up for summer by March 1 and receive a $250 credit
- Sign-up for summer by April 1 and receive a $200 credit
- Sign-up for summer by May 1 and receive a $150 credit
Is your student struggling in math this school year because of gaps in his/her math knowledge? Are they planning on taking a difficult math class next school year and want to get a head start on the curriculum? Are they graduating from 8th grade and want to be ready for high school? Do you want to see them keep up their math muscle over the summer?
FREE 90 minute math assessments
Sign up now so we can recommend your student for one of our 4 week, 6 week or 8 week math workshops (4 hours per week) designed to boost their math strength and fill in their gaps in knowledge. Or let us know that you have a busy summer and we will condense the sessions to fit your schedule. Let us turn your math hater into a math lover.
All math workshops include:
An initial assessment of your student’s math abilities which will subsequently be given to you along with a preliminary outline of what we will focus on with your student.
*All package prices are approximate and billed per actual session time
4 Week Math Workshop(2 days per week)
- 8 – 60 minute 1:1 sessions with one of our highly trained math staff
- 8 – 1 hour guided work study sessions
6 Week Math Workshop(2 days per week)
- 12 – 60 minute 1:1 sessions with one of our highly trained math staff
- 12 – 1 hour guided work study sessions
8 Week Math Workshop(2 days per week)
- 16 – 60 minute 1:1 sessions with one of our highly trained math staff
- 16 – 1 hour guided work study sessions
Does your student dread writing essays? Is it a drudge for them to read and find the critical meaning in text? Do they feel deflated when they see their English grade? Were you harping on them all year long to do better in English?
FREE 90 minute reading/writing skills assessments
Choose from our 4 week or 8 week workshops (4 hours per week) to improve your students reading and writing skills. Or let us know that you have a busy summer and we will condense the sessions to fit your schedule. Let us turn those slacking English grades around.
All reading/writing workshops include:
An initial assessment of your student’s reading and writing abilities during the first session which will subsequently be given to you along with a preliminary outline of what we will focus on with your student.
*All package prices are approximate and billed per actual session time
4 Week Reading/Writing Workshop(2 days per week)
- 4 – 90 minute 1:1 sessions with one of our highly trained English staff
- 3 – 2 hour guided work study sessions
- The student will read age appropriate short stories and poems
- The student will analyze the stories with the aid of a tutor
- The student will write 1-3 short responses to discussion questions
- The student will write one 2-5 page (depending on grade) analytical essay
- The student will edit a completed essay with the aid of a tutor
8 Week Reading/Writing Workshop(2 days per week)
- Includes everything from the 4 week workshop with the following additions:
- 8 – 90 minute 1:1 sessions
- 7 – 2 hour guided work study sessions
- The student will write 2 essays, one of which will include research for the upper grades